Sunday, August 30, 2009

The spot where South America was dedicated for the preaching of the Gospel...

Hermano Nestor...on far right, the Church Historian for this area, took the Sr. Missionary couples to the spot in the center of Buenos Aires where "South America was dedicated for the preaching of the Gospel by Apostle Melvin J. Ballard on December 25, 1925."
It is in the Palermo Park which is just two blocks from our apartment.More later...We leave in 1 hour for church, Walt is ready and cooking breakfast and I've got to hurry and shower.
I "revised" my Saturday's blogging and added more commentary...Chau.

3 comments:

Jogusboy said...

What a special experience! :)

SAYDA said...

That is so neat! What a great experience to stand there.

Janiece said...

That is really funny...I just looked at a picture of a young man´s mission picture of him at that tree.
Though it was taken several years ago.
I love how the people of Argentina celebrate their special days in the church. I have yet to go into a members home where they do not have a picture of their baptism up.
and they can name all the missionaries that have served in their area from the time they have joined the church!
I have been humbled.