Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Traces of Time . . . October 5-11, 2020

TRACES OF TIME . . .

   (To see last week's blog post--scroll down to the end of this week, then the Week of  September 28 to October 4, 2020 will be there.  If it's not, hit "Older Posts." at the very bottom right.)  

THIS WEEK 
OCTOBER 5, 2017 
TO
OCTOBER 11, 2017

AUTUMN
OCTOBER

MONDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2020 

Family is Everything... 
                                      Rigdon got another award in kindergarten.

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2020 

Family is Everything... 

Went to the dentist today...
not very good news about having
to have two teeth pulled--one is on r top
and other on r-bottom. 
One cavity is under a crown and
 the other in the tooth that holds my bridge.
Then I would need to have implants,
(there's already a tooth missing on
that upper right) and a new bridge.
Who knew I'd have to invest so much
money into keeping teeth in my mouth?!
Riggy is learning to read in kindergarten
and read this book 3x to his Mom
for his homework.
Colorful pumpkin jars add to
the Halloween decor...
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2020 

Family is Everything... 
Saratoga Springs 3rd Ward Neighborhood area
Ladies Lunch today was at
the LaFountain Mexican Restaurant
in Lehi.
It's by the Lehi Costco
Fun sombreros are on the wall. 
Just four could come today.
Lynda, and Linda...
                                                 ...Eileen, and Kathie.
Pre-Covid19 we'd have up to a dozen come.
                                   It's amazing what four gals can talk
                                      talk about in an hour and a half...
                                       kids, g-kids, General Conference,
and even haunted houses came up.
                                       We had a great time together
                               We missed those who could not come,
                                    and hope you can come next week. 

Movie night with Gary...
We chose to watch the VP Debate...

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2020 
Family is Everything...                                                                        Maddie

helped take care of Rigdon.

Julie and John flew to Las Vegas
for an annual meeting and retreat for Hamlet Homes.
They did a zip line...
They took a photo of the view from their room.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2020 
Family is Everything...                                                                                                 Max hung out with me today.

 Jacee drove Maddie to school...
 Then she drove Riggy to kindergarten.
  I worked on my Mom's life story.
I spent all day typing an official 
"Posterity of Arnold and Verna Huffaker Albertson,"
with full names, birthdates and places,
and marriages of each child, grandchild,
great grandchild, and great-great grandchild,
plus the spouses.
That totals 93 people.
*** *** ** *** *** 
Julie and John did some more
fun activities in Las Vegas.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2020
Family is Everything...                                                                                              Sam and Sara got engaged today.                                                                  ``    The wedding will be Dec. 23, 2020, in the Rexburg Idaho Temple. Congratulations... Sara Christensen will become Mrs. Sam Fisher.   We welcome Sara whole-heartedly into our family. (Sam is Shawn and Janie's son...number 5 of 7. That will make five married for them.)


Now to college football...
Steve and Natalie brought lunch over
this afternoon and we watched the...
BYU vs University of Texas at San Antonio
football game telecast from the
LaVell Edwards Football Stadium in Provo.
The Roadrunners were listed as 35-point underdogs. 
However, the Cougars only
won by 7 points--27-20 and it was not
a sure win until the last 1 min 1 sec.
Natalie, thanks for cutting my
hair during half time.
Maddie mowed the lawn.
Benson came to play with Rigdon.
You could say sometimes it's
"double-trouble" with them.
But they are great buddies.
Their birthdays are both on Sept. 4.
Jackson helped them till he left for
his marching band competition.
Then Maddie helped Rigdon...
...get some pizza for supper.
The Westlake High School... 
Marching Thunder band
looked great via the KSL zoom broadcast.
Julie and John had their last night
in Las Vegas.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2020 

Family is Everything... 
  I'm thinking about my friends in Burley who have lost their husbands since
I lost Walt: Gladys Harrison, Marge Green, and Delores Green.  My heart goes out to them.
Someone sent me a notice of a donation given to the Burley Public Library in memory of Walt and it touched me deeply. I'm trying to figure out how to do that for Rollo, Verl, and Dan.

   It rained a little this morning...
...then the sun broke through the clouds.
Julie and John got home about two o'clock... 
and we had a steak and potatoes 
Sunday dinner about four o'clock.

Our bishop has shared his testimony online today--Oct 11--and

invited us to do the same.
Thank you for your testimony, Bishop Mardesich. Thank you for guiding our ward in righteousness. Thank you for testifying of the Savior. I think each of the eight

testimonies shared today in our Saratoga Springs 3rd Ward

(which I watched on the Zoom connection) also testified of the Savior. May I add my testimony of the divinity of Jesus Christ as

the Son of God, our Redeemer and Savior. I am thankful for Him and look forward to His glorious Second Coming. I pray I will stay

on His Covenant Path as our Prophet, President Nelson has asked

us to do. I am thankful for the Prophet Joseph Smith restoring The Church of Jesus Christ back to the earth and translating the Book of Mormon as Another Testament of the Savior, to go along with the Bible's Testament of the Divinity of the Savior. Because of the Atonement and Grace of the Savior I know we will be resurrected.

Because of my Priesthood temple sealing I know I will be with my

eternal sweetheart, Walt, again. I am thankful for every blessing

and tender mercy I have received. I am thankful for our seven

children and their spouses. And at this time in my life, I am thankful for Julie and John letting me live with them. In the name of Jesus
Christ, amen. Eileen Albertson Petersen.
Of these truths I testify in the 
Name of Jesus Christ, amen.  
Eileen Petersen                                                            
Saratoga Springs, Utah, U.S.A.                                                Sunday, October 11, 2020.
























No comments: