Sunday, February 9, 2014

This week in El Salvador...Feb 3-9, 2 0 1 4

Today we had a birthday dinner for Hnas. Haroldsen and Winter...
Sharond Haroldsen 71 today, Feb. 9 and Dora Winter will be 77 on Wed, Feb. 12.
Here are the two birthday girls ready to blow out their candles. We just put one candle for each decade...
Then we posed for the traditional "group photo."
Hna. Clark is gone (we've been very sad this week without them) and today at Church when I asked Nefi Oliva how he was, he made a sad face and said: "I miss Hna. Clark."  ...more photos of the Clarks futher down in this blog.
     So Walt and I traded at taking the group photo.
Then we rushed over to the temple for the workers' training session from LaLibertad Stake.  We got a photo of the temple presidency when we came out to lock up the temple.
L-R: Presidente y Hna. Alas, Presidente y Hna. Petersen, Presidente y Hna. Majano.
 ....more later....Walt and I are going to watch the #4 Episode in "The Bible" the PBS Series that Janie & Shawn gave us for Christmas. They are very well done.
     Episode #4 was about Joshua and the Israelites taking the walls of Jerico down, then the Phillistines and Sampson the Israelite. Sampson isn't in the Bible Dictionary Chronology that I can find.
     I have always loved history.

Now back to current history.
Yesterday, Sat., Feb. 8, we had the A.M. shift at the temple which goes from 4:00 a.m to 11:30 a.m.  Saturdays are always our busiest days.
    In the afternoon we were scheduled to give talks to 85 children who were scheduled to come from the Layco Stake. These primary children we talk to are always so smart, and can answer almost all the questions that President Petersen asks them about Heavenly  Father and His Son Jesus Christ.
     I shared the story about my Mom receiving her testimony when she was 8 years old. (I'll check to see if I have had a post about this, and if not, I will add it.)   And that because she and my father were sealed in the temple, now they can be together in heaven.
    This is one of my favorite photos of them together taken in Aug or Sept 1937. They were married Sept. 29, 1937.
                       Verna Huffaker and Arnold Albertson
Here are Walt and I with the primary children yesterday.
I'm going to try it in x-large size to see if the faces of these precious children show up better.

I'll add to this post later...


No comments: