Sunday, February 21, 2010

"Sister Fisher," missionary, known to family as Aimee, Happy Birthday "22" on February 20, 2010

Happy Birthday to our first-born granddaughter, Aimee.
"22" on February 20, 2010.
On March 18, 2009 at the MTC
Aimee told her family "goodbye"
for 18 months.
Janie & Shawn stand by "Missionary Training Center" sign
where they also stood for
Janie's going to the Argentina Rosario Mission
Aug 1984-Feb 1986,
and Shawn's 1979-1981 Mission to Honduras.
Aimee became "Sister Fisher" at the MTC
Sister Fisher with her first companion, Sister Lemmon,
and the mission president's wife.
Our oldest granddaughter is serving in the
OKLAHOMA TULSA MISSION
March 2009 to September 2010.
We wished her a Happy 22nd Birthday
February 20, 2010
Aimee with her family Christmas Eve 2008
Sister Fisher arrived in Tulsa, Oklahoma on April 9, 2009. Called to serve ...
March 18, 2009 to September 18, 2010
In addition to working so hard each day,
she has also done some exciting things on her P-days:
A member, Brother Rightnowar, in Rolla, Missiouri,
took her and her companion fishing.
Wow! A 13-lb carp. That second one was way bigger than the first catch. January 2009, just before Aimee turned 21,
the families gathered in Gooding to celebrate Grama A's 89th birthday. "Sister Fisher" we know you had a great birthday in the mission field!
And we know you won't see this blog until you finish your mission.

We did send you a birthday letter in the pouch mail from Argentina.
We know what "joy in our posterity"
is when we hear how hard this oldest granddaughter is working
and how many she is bringing unto Christ.
She has amazed us from the get go in the MTC,
and each week she amazes us even more.
Here is part of her e-mail home to her family from last week...
"How much I love the continued change
and progress I feel in my heart and mind.
The longer I am out here the more I feel
the purpose of a mission deepened in my heart.
My purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ,
and baptism is central to the message I bring:
Faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement
Repentance
Baptism
Receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost
Endure to the end
It's not about the indicators or how many lessons we get for the day.

If I have not invited or helped someone come unto Christ
by preparing for baptism (or attending the temple)
I have missed the mark.
And then I'm really not helping them at all.
I love Chapter 11 in 3 Nephi
when Christ visits the people in America!
And what is the first thing that he teaches them?
Baptism.
What a huge lesson He is teaching to all of us--
the importance of baptism
and, may I add, the importance of
keeping those 3 covenants we make at baptism.
I am so grateful for Jesus Christ
and His eternal teachings and example!
My heart is overwhelmed with the blessing I have
of knowing the Fullness of the Gospel
and my purpose in this short time on earth!
I wish I could stop everyone I see
and sit them down,
look them straight in the eye
and share the blessing of this knowledge.
My heart feels so anxious that
so many of God's children do not know..."

Now you see why she is
the great pathfinder for
the new generation in our family to go forth as missionaries...

No comments: