Monday, April 6, 2009

"Decisions Determine Destiny"


We love to see the Prophet coming and going at Conference time. The messages seem more poignent each conference, don't they! Walt and I look at each other and whispher "Wow" after most of them, but for Elder Holland's deep doctrinal discourse on the Savior, I didn't have a word because it was beyond "Wow!"
I've been wanting to have some more quotes from President Monson and Elder Jose Teixeira from Portugal gave an excellent one in his fun talk about how the GPS was a new treasure for him in his travels....but then it said: "Lost satellite." Later in his talk he quoted our current Prophet's saying: "Decisions Determine Destiny," which I love.
Each message had so much, we look forward to following President Monson's closing admonision to us: "Read and ponder them..."
And we will also do as he asked: "...Please remember to pray for me and all the General Authorities..." one of whom is now one of Bishop Walter Petersen's Aaronic Priesthood Burley boys from the 1970's, Elder Brent Haight Nielson.

1 comment:

Jared said...

Elder y Hermana Petersen,

I just happened onto your blog. I am Jared Larsen, Joe and Jamie Larsen's oldest son who used to be in the 3rd ward with you. Elder Petersen, you delivered me almost 24 years ago! Anyway, I noticed from the pictures on your blog that you were serving in Argentina and often around the area presidency there. I served my mission in the Spain Bilbao Mission under Presidente y Hermana Zivic in 2004-2006. When you see them again, be sure to tell them you are from my home town and to give them both a great big hug for me. I really love them. Its such a small world!

Qué el Señor os bendiga pare el resto de vuestra misión...Jared Larsen