Monday, July 4, 2022

Traces of Time . . . Week of July 4-10, 2022

 Traces of Time . . . 

  {Last week: Scroll to end and click "Older Posts" at bottom right.}                 On this blog I share with family and friends my daily thoughts, doings, what interests me, and--at times--tributes to my eternal sweetheart, Walt, who graduated to heaven on 8-21-2020.

Dedicated to our seven children--Janie, Gary, Steve, David, Julie, Brian, Jen, their spouses, our 39 grandchildren, 5 great-grandchildren, 1 on the way, {Update: 6th g-gc born on July 23, 2022} and posterity to come.         

THIS WEEK- 
 JULY 4-10, 2021

MONDAY, JULY 4, 2022                            Family is Everything ...                              Sunrise: 6:03 a.m. Sunset:  9:01 p.m. 
Grampa and I had many Uncles...and an Aunt who served in the armed services to keep our country free:
My Uncle David Huffaker,
Grama A's brother, 
age 24 in World War II,
was a bomber pilot
in the U.S. Air Force.
Uncle Don Huffaker, another brother,
was in the Marines. (I thought I had
a photo of him in his uniform, but
can't find it. Maybe his daughter,
Heather can send me one.)
Uncle Tom Albertson,
Grampa A's brother was in the Navy.
Uncle Jack Albertson, another brother
was in the army.
Walt's Aunt Tess Prescott Julian.
She is Grama Jane's sister.
who served in the Waves 
World War II.
Grampa A's Grampa Charles Albertson
served in the Union Army
in the Civil War at age 18.
And there are probably 
many more ancestors
who fought to make and keep
the United States of America free.
Steve and Carter returned
some things of John's this morning.
Our Saratoga Springs 3rd Ward had a neighborhood breakfast.
David South, 1C gave some insightful comments about the Founding Fathers and 
our part today to keep the freedoms they foresaw for our United States of America.
David had Ryan take a photo with me.
I think about 200 came.
 Ryan Williamson, the Elders' Quorum President, was in charge of this event.
John Peterson, 2C, also
helped, as he always does.
Julie and John
 Many ward families and neighbors
gathered together
The kids didn't decorated
their bikes but did ride
them around in a kids' parade.
In the afternoon John's sister,
Nicole, and her two daughters,
Jasmine and Jada,
and a granddaughter, Mia,
 came over for a BBQ.
We enjoyed seeing old photos
of them when they were little kids.
I watched a couple of great
Patriotic movies:
"1776" from 1972
and "Independence Day"
from 1996 which cost 
$75 million to make but
brought in $817.4 million~!
 I liked them both.
*** *** *** *** *** *** ***
Julie asked me if I wanted
to go over to Howells on Waterside
Drive to watch fireworks.
I didn't go out to see fireworks
tonight, but did see some
from my window.
TUESDAY, JULY 5, 2022
Family is Everything…
Today was a catch-up
day on the blog and washing clothes.                   WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2022


Ladies' Lunch was at

Gourmandise in American Fork.

Nine gals were able to come. 
'
Carol, Eileen, Jennie,

Kaye, Linda H., MaryAnn,

Susan, and Kathie brought

her friend Marlene.


*** *** *** *** *** *** *** 
   Our Wednesday night movie was:
"
"Young Mr. Lincoln" with

a young Henry Fonda from 1939.

The trial was based on a real

murder case that Mr. Lincoln

proved from an Almanac

that the moon was not

"bright" that night.
Gary, we forgot to get

our selfie...

I'm getting old and forgetful!

Here's from last week...

  
                 
THURSDAY, JULY 7, 2022

  
                       Family is Everything…
                        
                                                            
Happy 7-7
Should be a good day for our

family whose lucky # is 7~!

We didn't know how many 

children we could or should have.

When we had seven

that was heaven!

And we called it good!


Here's another "7" photo...

This was on 7-7-07 at

the Riverfront Park in

Burley, Idaho.

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

FRIDAY, JULY 8, 2022

                 
Family is Everything…
  

Tonight Steve and Natalie

took me to the new movie 

" E L V I S "

1954 July 24: Elvis Presley's first single


"That's All Right" is released.

It is amazing!!

Austin Butler, who plays
Elvis, did his own
singing as the young Elvis.

Then they used the real
Elvis' voice for when
he was older.

Budget$85 million[3][4]
Box office$126.6 million[5][6]
Box Office as of July 24, 2022, 

17 days later:
Box office$210.2 million[5][6]

The box office is as of July 7,
just two full weeks after
it's release on June 24...

Even though I was not a big
Elvis fan when I was a teenager--

he became known in our
little home town of
Wendell, Idaho about 1955
when I was a junior in high school--

I found it so interesting in this
movie to learn about his full life.

Thank you, Steve and Natalie,
for letting me tag a long,

but never making me feel
like a "tag-a-long!"

I read all about it on
Wikipedia. So interesting
to see what the critics and
pubic are saying.

I hope Elvis has found 
peace and happiness in heaven.


SATURDAY, JULY 9, 2022
  
                    Family is Everything…
  

Today is a nice summer day...
96 degrees this afternoon.


SUNDAY, JULY 10, 2022 
                     
Family isEverything…
  

Saratoga Springs 3rd Ward

Sacrament was administered 

and passed by the 

Aaronic Priesthood.

The youth speakers were

Brinlee Buchanan

"Jesus wants me to follow

the Holy Spirit...He will

always be on my side."

 Ezra Oramas 

"How we can be an inspiration...

Alma 5 tells about how we

can make a mighty change...

We can all be saved."

 

Flute and Piano Duet by

Lisa Miller and Emily Slade

"My Country 'Tis of Thee/

America the Beautiful"

 

Speaker: Susan Allen

"A Mighty Change of Heart"

 *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

Relief Society was taught by                 Camie Williams.                                              It was the talk by President                  Russell M. Nelson from the April 2022 General Conference: "The Power of Spiritual Momentum"






 



Camie was just asked to substitute

for the regular R,S. teacher 
yesterday afternoon.

She has a gift to personalize
the subject to each person, not
just re-telling the story.

Today she has several sisters 
blow up balloons, then keep
tossing them to and fro, and
up and down
with their hands--
to have momentum.
They soon tired on their own.

Then she brought out a helium
filled balloon from under the table...
(I should have suspected something
was hidden under there because
she usually doesn't have a
table cloth, especially not
one that comes down on all sides.)

She explained that we did something
more to help us maintain
SPIRUTUAL MOMENTUM --

J E S U S   C H R I S T  !

He is always there to help us
have Spiritual Momentum to
stay on the
Covenant Path !!

She then brought out more helium
balloons. {She said she ran out of
time to do what she really wanted to
do with all of them.  I need to ask her what it was.}

 
She is among the top three teachers

I have ever had. I would rank Joe

 Sagers, and Mark Beecher in that 

group of three.  

Actually, Camie is #1 in having 

us apply

the principle taught 

into our life immediately.

And also among my top ten teachers would

 be Walt, my eternal companion; Clyde

 Witham is excellent, too. 


That's my top five.  Let me think about

others.
'
I know of our children--Janie, Steve, David,

 Julie, and Jen are great teachers.

I have not heard Gary nor Brian teach.

 Carter, Noah, and Madasta came to take

 me home from church.

Then Julie invited them to stay for dinner.
After Maddie gathered, they helped Riggy

 with his loading the dishes chore for the

 week.
I made sure they came and got a 

candy bar... 

...from the candy drawer.
John got home from Jackson Hole an hour before Julie and Maddie left for Rexburg.
I read my chapter from the Book of Mormon and got caught up on my blog.

*** *** *** *** *** *** ***

** *I am so thankful for The Plan of Salvation and the Atonement of  Jesus Christ that makes this Great Plan operational.
At the end of this July 10th,

I pray you have had a

restful , peaceful, and spiritual

Sabbath Day...

I share these truths as my testimony to you...


Heavenly Father lives and knows us each by name. He loves us and wants us to return to Him and Heavenly Mother when we leave this mortal existence.  He loves us just as we are at this very moment.
*** *** ***

Jesus Christ came to earth as The Only Begotten of the Father and fulfilled the Atonement. He is the Redeemer of all. 
*** *** ***

*** *** ***
I am thankful for the guidance of the Holy Ghost as the third member of the Godhead. 
Walt said to me once: "I look forward to thanking the Holy Ghost in person when I get to Heaven. I don't think we give Him enough credit for all He does."
Daily Scripture: And blessed are all they who do hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled with the Holy Ghost. - 3 Nephi 12:6
Daily Quote: We have been promised the constant companionship of the third member of the Godhead and hence the privilege of receiving revelation for our own lives. - Sheri L. Dew
***  *** *** *** ***
Joseph Smith was foreordained to be the Prophet of the Restoration.  He is the Restorer of all things.
*** *** ***
President Russell M. Nelson is the Living Prophet today for all the world. 
*** *** ***

The Bible is "the Word of God as far as it is translated correctly" and is a Testament of the Divinity of Jesus Christ.
*** *** ***
The Book of Mormon is the Word of God and is Another Testament of Jesus Christ. It is the most correct book of any book on earth.
*** *** ***

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the True Church on the earth today.  
*** *** ***
Of these truths I testify in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Eileen Petersen
July 10, 2022


No comments: