Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Traces of Time . . . June 6-12, 2022

  1. TRACES OF TIME . . .                   {To see last week: Scroll to end and click "Older Posts" at bottom right.} On this blog I share my daily thoughts, doings, and what interests me. 

Dedicated to our seven children--Janie, Gary, Steve, David, Julie, Brian, Jen, their spouses, our 39 grandchildren, 4 great-grandchildren, 2 on the way, and posterity to come.

THIS WEEK
 JUNE 6-12,  2022
MONDAY, JUNE 6, 2022                            Family is Everything                               Sunrise: 5:57 a.m. Sunset:  8:56 p.m.                         I'm still coughing a lot.
I called the doctor's office 
and they're having me come
in tomorrow. 
TUESDAY, JUNE 7, 2021
Family is Everything…
Today I had cataract surgery           scheduled but because of my coughing I cannot do it. It is re-scheduled for later. I went to see Dr. David Kimball about this 
cough I have had for 9 days now. He heard a wheeze in my lungs, but it's not pneumonia. (I have had the pneumonia vaccine.) Dr. Kimball has started me on the Z-pak antibiotic for 5 days. 
Willow Creek Revere Health Center is a great place to be cared for.

                           


TRACES OF TIME . . . 
     WEDNESDAY, JUNE 8, 2022

                       Family is Everything…

                     
                                                            
Today is my sister's

birthday.

Happy Birthday, Janice

Darling photos
 of Janice when
she was little.





My friend and editor of our
Wendell High School annual for 1957
, Marilyn Peterson,
had my sister represent us as first graders
walking into our Wendell Grade School
to represent our start in 1945,
of our senior class.
'
Janice with Dad, Mom, Eileen
in front of our Wendell Idaho home,
September 1957

Janice with Dad, Mom, Eileen
in front of our Gooding, Idaho home
March 1958
 Janice was one of my
bridesmaids...
June 14, 1961.
She was 12, I was 22.
Janice with our
family in June 1962.

Janice with Dad & Mom and
me at Grama Blanche Albertson's
funeral--July 1966.
Our Dad's mother.
Janice graduated from
Gooding Idaho High School
in 1967.
Janice with Mom and
our families in June 1986
at our 25th Wedding
Anniversary Open House
in Burley, Idaho.

This was on our side lawn
by our neighbor's home.

Janice and Eileen taking
Mom to dinner the Saturday
before Mother's Day
May 2012.
  

Janice with Eileen at her
D.A.Davidson office in
Salt Lake City, Dec 24, 2013.
Janice with Eileen on
Christmas Day 2014.
Janice with Eileen at
Janice's retirement dinner
March `6, 2015.
Janice with Eileen & Walt
in Burley, Idaho...
about 2017.

Janice & Jeff with'
Walt & Eileen and Gary
Thanksgiving 2019
Janice at Eileen's
80th Birthday Open House
December 15, 2018
I love the beautiful Hallmark
reindeer she gave me.
Janice 70th Birthday Celebration
Janice, 70th Birthday
Celebration

Janice with family and friends
who came to her 70th Birthday
Celebration

Janice Birthday 2019
Janice, Happy Birthday
Covid Pandemic style
Janice, we know you have
joy in your posterity...

Janice, I am so blessed you are my sister.
Hope you have a wonderful
birthday this June 8, 2022.

*** *** *** *
** *** *** *** 
     

Ladies' Lunch was at Mi Ranchito                 I didn't go because I am
still coughing and I didn't
want to expose anyone
to this dreaded cough.

****** *** *** *** *** ***
For our Wednesday night
movie, Gary and I have
chosen "Shane" from 1953
We're doing Westerns for June.

                 
THURSDAY, JUNE 9, 2022

  
                       Family is Everything…
                        
                                                            
 Day 3 of Z-pak. I watched a
Judy Garland movie frim 1938:

"Everybody Sing"

She was age 16.

Fanny Brice was age 47
She died in 1951 at age 59.

Billie Burke was age 54.
She was widow of Flo Zigfeld,
married him when she
was age 30, he was age 47,
They were married 18 years,
tlll he died in 1932 at age 65.

Billie Burke lived till 1970,
to age 85. She did not
marry again.
She is best known as
Glinda the good witch in
"The Wizard of Oz"


FRIDAY, JUNE 10, 2022
                      
Family is Everything…
  

Today Janie picked up
Michael at the airport
then came and took
me to Seven Brothers
for lunch.
It's always great
to be with them.
Then I went to Costco
to get some things.
On Tuesday when I had
gone there, I didn't notice
the cashier had accidently
charged me twice for a
box of cookies.
When I showed them my
receipt, they believed me
and refunded the overcharge.

Today is exactly 100 years
since Judy Garland was born.

Turner Classic Movies
showed her movies all day.
The most famous is her
1939 "The Wizard of Oz.
Toto...
In Kansas with 
Auntie Em and her Uncle
The song Judy sang:
"Somewhere Over the Rainbow"
got the Oscar for best song
of the year for 1939.

"The Wizard of Oz"
 is truly a classic!

SATURDAY, JUNE 11, 2022
  
                    Family is Everything…
  

Today I watched the 1953
movie made about the
"Titanic"
It's so well done, 
and I cried.
Steve came to get me at 5:15, 
and we--Steve, Natalie, 
Noah, Madasta--went
to Panda Express for supper.
Then we went to their home
and watched a true story
about the first African-American
Naval Master Diver--
Carl Brashear who
lived from 1931-2006.
"Men of Honor"


SUNDAY, June 12, 2022

                      
Family isEverything…
  

Steve had some of the 
family come to help him
with his Priest's Quorum
lesson today.
Madasta, Noah, Gary,
and I were among those
who helped.
Steve said there are over
20 young men on the rolls
of the priests'quorum and
about 18 regularly come.


Then Steve and Natalie
 had us come to dinner.
 
Natalie is an excellent cook...

...and sets a beautiful table.
Our good friend,
Connie Phillips, drove to
Utah from Paul, Idaho,
today for the funeral tomorrow
 of a cousin who had also been
a college roommate.
She had arranged to come
see me at 2:00 this afternoon,
so Steve & Nat invited her
to come join us for dinner.

Connie and her family were in
our ward since we became the
new Burley Third Ward in
February 1978. She is a
very dear friend!
Thanks, Natalie and Steve
for a very delicious dinner.
Gary and Steve have also
known Connie and her
family for a long time.

Connie drove over to Orem
after dinner to spend some
time with Barbara Brown.
She and her family had been
neighbors with Paul & Barbara
on Schodde Avenue for several
years in Burley.
Barbara is still mourning the
death of Paul

When I got home,
I watched a movie on the
BYU Channel called:
"Miracle of Heaven"
which is about the true
experience of a ten-year old
girl, Anna Bleam, who had
a near-death experience.

** *I am so thankful for The Plan of Salvation and the Atonement of  Jesus Christ that makes this Great Plan operational.
At the end of this June 12th,

I pray you have had a

restful , peaceful, and spiritual

Sabbath Day...

I share these truths as my testimony to you...


Heavenly Father lives and knows us each by name. He loves us and wants us to return to Him and Heavenly Mother when we leave this mortal existence.  He loves us just as we are at this very moment.
*** *** ***

Jesus Christ came to earth as The Only Begotten of the Father and fulfilled the Atonement. He is the Redeemer of all. 
*** *** ***
*** *** ***
I haven't testified about the Holy Ghost.
I would like to do so now. I am thankful for His guidance as the third member of the Godhead. 
Walt said to me once: "I look forward to thanking the Holy Ghost in person when I get to Heaven. I don't think we give Him enough credit for all He does."
Daily Scripture: And blessed are all they who do hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled with the Holy Ghost. - 3 Nephi 12:6
Daily Quote: We have been promised the constant companionship of the third member of the Godhead and hence the privilege of receiving revelation for our own lives. - Sheri L. Dew
***  *** *** *** ***
Joseph Smith was foreordained to be the Prophet of the Restoration.  He is the Restorer of all things.
*** *** ***
President Russell M. Nelson is the Living Prophet today for all the world. 
*** *** ***
The Bible is "the Word of God as far as it is translated correctly" and is a Testament of the Divinity of Jesus Christ.
*** *** ***
The Book of Mormon is the Word of God and is Another Testament of Jesus Christ. It is the most correct book of any book on earth.
*** *** ***
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the True Church on the earth today.  
*** *** ***
Of these truths I testify in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Eileen Petersen
June 12, 2022



No comments: