Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Mothers and Mother's Day...
Abraham Lincoln said: "All that I am or ever hope to be I owe to my angel Mother."  I also believe he could include his father in that, but today we are focusing on mothers.
My angel mother... in September 1937, age 17, photo taken at the Jerome County Fair, the week before they eloped.
Verna Beth Huffaker and Arnold George Albertson

(post to be continued.....we talked this morning at the Illopango Stake Conference and now we're scheduled to speak in an hour on Family History and Temple Work
at a meeting for our whole Los Heroes Stake.
....be back
Back...
Just want to say that I am so thankful for my Mother and all she has done for me throughout my life.  
Here she is at age 26 in 1946 just after we moved back to Idaho after World War II.  My Dad worked at the ship yards there to help in the war effort.  The Army wouldn't take him because he had flat feet.  That was their loss.  Now they've found out that men with flat feet can march just as well as others.
Here is Mom at age 42 in 1962.  Walt and I had driven from St. Louis to Idaho between his 3rd and 4th year of medical school. We celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary with family there.
I'm glad we got a photo with my Mom and Dad and my sister, Janice.  My Dad would have been age 49, Janice 13, and I 23.
Here's Mom at age 92 in 2012...couldn't find other photos in between 42 and 92.  I have some in her life story that I'll have to get into "My Pictures" computer file.
We are so thankful for our daughter Julie and her husband John taking such good care of Grama A in her fragile, elderly years. 
My Mom has seen many changes in her lifetime--from outhouses to indoor plumbing, from doing her homework at the kitchen table by the light of kerosene lanterns to an all electric home, and from horse and buggy to rockets to the moon.
      Can you imagine what her great-grandchildren will encounter in their lifetimes?
       My Mom has 2 daughters, 11 grandchildren, and 46 great grandchildren.
        We, her posterity, thank her and honor her for the legacy she has given to us.  We pray we will always bring honor to the heritage and name she has given to us.
         We are thankful God gave us M O T H E R S.

No comments: