Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday, October 14, 2012

I was looking for a photo from today, but this one popped up, so I'm posting it before I lose it again.  It's all our family in June 2011 for our 50th wedding anniversary open house.  We love each one so deeply and miss them very much. 
Stake Conference today was at Estaca de La Libertad...
I really do have other clothes here. This is my Conference outfit, and since we go to many different stake conferences and different people are there, I wear it often.  We've just started our second round of the stakes.
The members love to greet us...but I'm busy taking the photo while they greet the president first, then they also greet me.
"Mucho gusto!"  "El gusto es mio."  I've got that down pat.
Here's another...Bishop Ortiz was our new temple coordinator for the Saturday afternoon/evening shift, but he has just been called as a bishop.
Right after this hermano greeted Walt, a young woman came and proudly said: "This is my grandfather."
Here we are with Presidente Alfaro and his wife, Gladis. He has been a stake president for about 6 months. This was his first stake conference to preside at.  Their daughter, Gabriella, is at BYU-Idaho right now, and has met Daniel, our grandson. 
Families like this ride in the back of pickups to get to Church and other places.
I took a photo of the Alfaros by the temple when they drove us back to our apartment.  It was only about an 8-10 minute drive from their stake center to the temple grounds.
One quote for understanding about the temple I shared in my talk today is by Brigham Young:  “Your endowment is, to receive all

those ordinances in the house of the Lord, which are 

necessary for you, after you have departed this life, to 

enable you to walk back to the presence of the Father, 

passing the angels who stand as sentinels, being enabled to 

give them the key words, the signs and tokens, pertaining to 

the holy Priesthood, and gain your eternal exaltation...” (Discourses of Brigham Young, sel. John A. Widtsoe [Salt Lake City: Deseret Book Co., 1941], p. 416).


No comments: