Friday, January 12, 2018

Traces of Time . . . January 8-14, 2018

Traces of Time . . .                                                                                          THIS WEEK                    

JANUARY 8, 2018
TO
JANUARY 14, 2018

THE 
WINTER MONTHS...





***


Monday, January 8, 2018
 Hope you are having a great January.  


This morning I had my quarterly check-up
with Dr. Spackman in Burley.
Things were fine.


Tuesday, January 9, 2018

We had a pretty normal day.  

I went to the dentist to get my front tooth
repaired where a chip had come off of the right side.
He said it was actually an old "white" filling that 
had come loose and fallen out.

He did not have to deaden it and had it
replaced in 30 minutes.


 At 1:30
Walt went to see Dr. Ted Rea about a GI problem.
We didn't get back home until 3:25.
I had called LaRae to tell her to go ahead and
visit the first gal we were going visiting teaching to.
LaRae picked me up after that and we went
visiting teaching to Teresa and Cindy.
It was Teresa's birthday, and LaRae had 
baked and decorated her a pretty birthday cake.
Teresa was really happy with her birthday cake.
She has a twin sister whom she was going
to celebrate with this evening.


This evening at 8pm when we were watching some 
recorded news on TV,
I said to Walt: "My left leg has gone to sleep."
He said: "Get up and walk it off."
So I got up, but it didn't walk off.


Wednesday, January 10, 2018
 When I got up, it was like my leg was still asleep,
and my left had felt a little asleep, but I hurried
and got ready to drive to Twin Falls to a
routine appointment I had with Dr. Malone,
my Endocronogolist for a diabetes check.

Walt didn't come because his persistent diarrhea
had begun again the night before,
so I drove over to Twin Falls alone for my 10:00 appointment.

I planned to be back home to Burley about noon.

I had eaten two pieces of toast on the way,
with an egg in the middle for protein.

I hurried and put some lipstick on when I got in the office.
My lips on the left side felt somewhat tingly
like when the deadening is coming out
after a visit to the dentist.

When I told Dr. Malone about this,
he went out of the room to call my primary
physician, Dr. Spackman in Burley.

When Dr. Malone returned, he said:
"We concur.  We think you have having a stroke.
You need to go to the hospital here right now.
But you can't drive yourself.
Do you want me to call an ambulance?"

"I have a brother and sister-in-law here in Twin,"
I told him.

So Dale and Connie came and drove me to 
St. Luke's where they stayed with me
in the Emergency Department, where,
after several tests, Dr. Sherwood
concluded that, yes, it was a stroke,
and I should be admitted.

Dr. Platt, the hospitalist, had me sent to
the fourth floor "Cardio-Pulmonary Floor."



Dale and Connie stayed with me there
until Julie arrived with Walt about 5:00.

I had an MRI at 6:00.
They said we'd have the results the next morning.
Julie drove back to Burley.
Walt and Dale gave me a Priesthood Blessing,
then Walt spent the night at
Dale and Connie's home.

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Julie brought Walt in about 11:00 this morning.
Dr. Platt came about noon to report that
the MRI did confirm that I had had a stroke.
A very small spot on the thalamas on the
right side of the brain showed why my
left side was affected.
The doctor has prescribed Plavix for me to take
for three months.
I am not to drive for two days.

He discharged me and said again
that I am very lucky to only have these mild effects
from this minor stroke.
It took until 3:30 for all the paper work to be done.
Julie drove us back to Burley,
and to Smith's Pharmacy to pick up
my new prescriptions.
The doctor had also increased my 
Lovastatin to 40mg above the 20mg I was on.
Julie headed back to Utah at 5:00.
Our sweet neighbor, Ruth Melling, brought in dinner
of fried chicken, scalloped potatoes, corn,
Jell-o salad with pineapple and whipped cream,
and a homemade peach cobbler just out of the oven.
Walt's nephew from Wendell,
Don Bunn, drove our car back from Twin Falls,
followed by his sister Brenda, and his Dad, Dale.
They also got to enjoy the delicious dinner
that Ruth had brought us.
We had a wonderful visit with them.
It was so kind of them to take all that time
to bring our car back to Burley.
Then at ten o'clock Janie arrived from Rexburg.
She also got to have some of the great food
that Ruth had brought us.
I know I am extremely blessed 
that my symptoms are so mild.  
I am thankful for the many prayers of our children,
grandchildren, extended family, and friends,
plus the priesthood blessing, and tender mercy
of Heavenly Father.

Friday, January  12, 2018 

This morning Janie drove Walt to the hospital lab for some blood tests that Dr. Spackman had ordered for him.
Then she spent most of the day putting away our Christmas decorations.  
    Oh, we did take time out to have breakfast at Charlie's Café,
    which is a tradition whenever we have family come visit.

We watched the touching and tender funeral of our Prophet, Thomas S. Monson.  He will be missed by many millions.


Irene Blayney, another sweet neighbor,
came to find out more about the
stroke I'd had.
We also caught up on how she and Tom are doing.

For supper, we've enjoyed Ruth's great home cooking, again!
And now Janie thinks Walt and I should have a nap.




Saturday, January  13, 2018 



Sunday, January  14, 2018 


We hope you have had a peaceful and restful Sabbath Day.
We testify that...


Heavenly Father knows us and loves us, as does our Heavenly Mother. We are created in Their image. They want us to find joy in this life, follow Them, and return to Them.

Jesus Christ was sent to become our Redeemer and Savior

and He also knows us by name and loves us.  He is our Advocate with the Father.

May we always love Them, believe Them, and follow Them, so that we may be able to live with Them forever.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Walt and Eileen Petersen

No comments: