Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Traces of Time . . . January 1-7, 2018

Traces of Time . . .                                                                                                             THIS WEEK 

JANUARY 1, 2018
TO
JANUARY 7, 2018

THE 
WINTER MONTHS...






***

***



Monday, January 1, 2018
 Hope you are having a Happy New Year Day!
Hope 2 0 1 8 is great!!


We watched an hour of the Rose Parade
and the entire Rose Bowl.
We were rooting for Oklahoma, but they
lost in double overtime.  

At seven o'clock this evening I got out of my jammies
and we went to the hospital to see Dan Black,
who entered the hospital yesterday with pneumonia.
He hopes to be out of the ICU by tomorrow.



Tuesday, January 2 2018


Wednesday, January 3, 2018




Thursday, January 4, 2018



Friday, January 5, 2018
We did family history this morning with Kathleen.  She is so kind to come help us every Friday from ten till noon.
I got caught up on some grocery shopping while Walt worked on getting the tree in the family room taken down.

For our Friday night movie on TV we watched...

Saturday, January 6, 2018

We got the live tree in the family room taken down.
Walt finally sawed the tree in half to get the lights all off.

Darrell Roskelley came over to help Walt get the vacuum working again. It was plugged up with the pine needles he'd vacuumed up.

Walt put himself on clear liquids today. This diarrhea he has had off and on for about 3 weeks is getting worse.

Working on invitation for our book club...

SERENDIPITY BOOK CLUB –
2017-2018
                        
Thursday, January 18, 2018
at the home of Eileen Petersen
 2457 Burton Avenue
at 7:00 p.m.

Whet your Appetite:
Book Review: Gladys Harrison
Andrew Jackson…and
(see left)






Refreshments: Terri Smith

Please come.
It’s always nice to bring a friend.     


Sunday, January 7, 2018

Walt had to stay home from Church, but after being on clear liquids for a day and a half he did eat some chicken pot pie about three o'clock.'

Our Burley Third Ward church block was nice with 16 sharing their testimonies in our Fast & Testimony Meeting:
1. Bishop Steve Gerratt - Where he works, at the beginning of
       of a new year everyone is thinking about a raise in pay.
       He said in the Church we can get "Spiritual Raises" by
       keep doing the every-day things like reading our
       scriptures, saying our prayers, and keeping the 
       commandments.   He is so appreciative of everyone's
       willingness in the ward to fulfill their callings.ds
       Last week 15 new callings were issued.
             He always shares a strong testimony of the truths
             of the Gospel.
                       We all love our Bishop Gerratt.

2. Amber Green - Thankful for her four years of teaching
       Gospel Doctrine but now happy to being called to work
        in the Young Women...
               Shares a strong testimony of the truths of the Gospel.

3. Ruth Melling -- A while back when I bore my testimony I
         was so nervous I couldn't say all I wanted to say, but I'm
         never going to let my being nervous stop me from   
         bearing my testimony.  Thankful for Jesus Christ and
         for His directing the Prophet Joseph Smith to bring
         forth the Book of Mormon.  I love learning from the 
         Book of Mormon. Thankful for my family and all they
         do for me. Thankful for you friends and for he Bishopric
         and all they do for me.  I want my Heavenly Father to 
         know I love Him and want to serve Him for the 
         remainder of my life.

4.  Elder Hammond - a new full-time missionary in our ward
           from Arizona - gave a short, powerful testimony of the
            truths of the Gospel.

5.  Elder Wilkes - missionary new to our ward from Florida -
           The Book of Mormon is our Liahona. Quoted what
            Joseph Smith said about his First Vision: "I knew I had
            seen God and I knew God knew I had seen Him, and
            I dare not deny it." And even tho Joseph Smith was
            persecuted for saying he had seen God, he never did
            deny the truth.
            "I know the Gospel is true," said Elder Wilkes. He read
             a neat poem that is mother sent with him on his 
             his mission. It started with "We live with faith...my
             goal is heaven...I will not flinch...paid up for the cause
             of Christ. (maybe I can google it)
              Elder W ended with "I am not ashamed of the Gospel                of Jesus Christ."

6. Don Green - He is thankful to Heavenly Father for all He
              blesses us with. Many things we take for granted.
              With loved ones one on before.... thankful Jesus 
               Christ restored His Church. Thankful for the 
               Apostles, the stake leaders and especially ward 
               leaders and our Bishop.

7. LaNada Kerbs - I do have a testimony of the Church...been
               so busy was slacking on my reading the scriptures,
               but I'm back reading them for an hour each morning
               before I start work. At the temple yesterday a lady 
               said to me: "Don't forget who you are."
               I'm grateful for my family.

8. Heidi B -- I bear testimony of the truthfulness of the 
                Gospel. Have a good neighbor who had me come to
                a women's meeting at her Church. She talked about
                finding Joy through knowing Christ better. It 
                helped me focus on Joy in Christ this Christmas.
                She has good in her Church but we have all the
                Gospel because of Joseph Smith.  
                 I will miss my primary class--they know the
                 Articles of Faith so well. I am happy to be called to
                 work in the Young Women and get to know these
                 young girls.

9. Kathleen Hedberg -- In the temple many times I feel a real
                 closeness to the person I am going through for. We
                 have so much help now in doing family history. I 
                 have been doing Swedish research for many years. A
                 few months ago I found indexes that help us find
                 names so much faster. I imagine the spirits from
                 heaven hovering over us saying: "We're doing all we
                 can to help you get our work done."  If you're just
                 starting family history work, know that it will not
                 always be easy.  As Lehi said "Opposition in all
                 things.  
                  I have a testimony that Jesus Christ is our Savior.
                  Joseph Smith brought back the Gospel.

(Walt just came in needing something.  I'll finish this later.}

10. Jacque Gorton

11. Ashley Ludlow

12. Dan Crane

13. Whitnee Hill

14. Gloria Thompson

15. Bonnie Hansen

16. Emily Hill

In Sunday School we are beginning the study of the Old Testament -- Lesson 1 "This is My Work and My Glory." Purpose: "To help us understand that (1) We are children of God, (2) We can resist Satan's temptations, and (3) God's work and glory is to bring to pass our immortality and eternal life."


Relief Society was "How Do I Minister?"

We hope you have had a peaceful and restful Sabbath Day.
We testify that...


Heavenly Father knows us and loves us, as does our Heavenly Mother. We are created in Their image. They want us to find joy in this life, follow Them, and return to Them.

Jesus Christ was sent to become our Redeemer and Savior

and He also knows us by name and loves us.  He is our Advocate with the Father.

May we always love Them, believe Them, and follow Them, so that we may be able to live with Them forever.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Walt and Eileen Petersen





No comments: