Friday, June 19, 2015

This week in Burley - June 15-21, 2015

This week in Burley - June 15-21, 2015

Week of the WEPR = Walt and Eileen Petersen Reunion
June 15, 2015 - Monday 
Dad 

Walt moved hoses to get the front and back yards watered.   
nextJune 16, 2015 - Tuesday
next
Getting ready for the Walt and Eileen Petersen Family Reunion.

June 17, 2015 - Wednesday 

next I had an appointment with the dentist for my semi-annual cleaning of my teeth.  Then when Dr. Stock checked for cavities: "No cavities." 
I said: "This is a first in my 76 years -- 'No cavities!' "

We packed and got our things loaded into the car. Our good neighbor, Steve Ormond, came over and helped us load.  He is going to bring in the mail and water our flowers while we're gone.
The first daisy of the summer was just blooming today.
We got to Saratoga Springs at 6:00. Gary picked us up at Julie & John's home and took us out to dinner at Porter's Place in Lehi. This is in the
How fun to go to supper with our son Gary.

Walt got halibut, Gary got Bison sirloin steak, and I got a beef sirloin steak.  We enjoyed the food and atmosphere with lots of antiques and paintings of Orrin Porter Rockwell.
Most members of The Church know that Porter was a life guard for Joseph Smith.  He is quoted as saying when he was accused of attempting to shoot Governor Boggs: "It wasn't me, because I wouldn't have missed."


Gary also ordered Iron Port and Sarsaparilla.
"Hmmm, I like it, commented Gary. After the next sip: "Hmmm, I really like it!"
June 18, 2015 - Thursday

W E P R  - Day 1 - Lagoon  - Steve & Natalie in charge this year!
Steve reserved "The Rose Pavillion" which was just right for 
the 24 of us there.

                                            

next  More to add... Of the 52 rides, and 9 roller coasters, I think our kids and grandkids rode a lot of them.
The video that Julie took of me screaming and terrified on the Tidal Wave--which isn't even shown on the website.
Here's a photo of the "wooden roller coaster" built in 1921 (and recently renovated with all-new wooden tracks) that most of us rode on.

 More to be added......................for Lagoon
June 19, 2015 - Friday
next

nex
June 20, 2015 - Saturday
next

next
June 21, 2015 - Sunday
next

No comments: