Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day - June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day to the
Father of My Children...
Here he is this afternoon taking a breath of fresh air
out on our terrace patio.
Happy Father’s Day – June 2014
ALL ABOUT MY CHILDREN’S FATHER
WALTER RAY PETERSEN
My children’s Dad is 80 years old.
My children’s Dad was born  April 17, 1934.

My children’s Dad is 6 feet tall.
My children’s Dad weighs 184 pounds.

My children’s Dad’s favorite color is blue.
My children’s Dad’s favorite super hero is – DeLamar Jensen, Provo, Utah.

My children’s Dad always says to his kids and grandkids: “Psst, Psst, Psst, you know what?”
  “What?” they ask.  “I love you!” he tells them.

My children’s Dad’s profession was an M.D.--physician and surgeon. He retired on January 14, 2005. Graduate of Washington University School of Medicine--June 10, 1963 in St. Louis, Missouri. Intern at Minneapolis General/Hennepin County General Hospital June 1963 to June 1964. Military Duty with the Public Health Service Indian Hospital in Talihina, Oklahoma June 1964 to June 1966, during which time he served for 4 months as the medical officer on the Coast Guard Cutter Chautauqua in the Pacific Ocean. 
He was a physician and surgeon in a solo family practice in Burley, Idaho July 1966 to January 2005, with three years out July 1995-July 1998 as a mission president of the México Mérida Mission.  He served 29 years as the Burley High School Team Physician--gratis--from 1967 to 1995, then 1998-1999.

My children’s Dad’s callings have been an Elder’s Quorum president, a bishop, a high councilor, a stake president’s counselor, a stake president, a patriarch, a mission president, a medical advisor in the Central America Area--Guatemala, Belize, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and Panamá; a medical advisor in the South America South Area—Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, and a temple president of the San Salvador El Salvador Temple July 20, 2011 to November 1, 2014.

My children’s Dad always puts everything of his neatly away.
My children’s Dad laughs when he is with his children or grandchildren or me.

My children’s Dad’s favorite food is homemade bread and Mom’s apple pie.
I love my children’s Dad because he is the most Christ-like, wonderful and outstanding person I have ever known, and because he loves me, protects me, and takes care of me.

My name and age and where I live: Eileen Marie Albertson Petersen, 75, and living in San Salvador, El Salvador for 4 ½ more months, then back to Burley, Idaho.    Father’s Day – Sunday, June 15, 2014 – Temple Apartment
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Today, Sunday, June 15, 2014...
I continued our family tradition of
serving the father of our children
breakfast in bed on Father's Day.
I used to have 7 helpers, but now they each have
families of their own to carry on these traditions.
This is one of Walt's favorite breakfasts:
Biscuits 'n Gravy 
(with sausage in it, of course)
Then we were off to visit the LaCima Ward
in our Los Heroes Stake. 
Here is Walt with Bishop Guillermo Menjivar.
Here I am with their Relief Society 
(Sociedad de Socorro)
Hna. Yolanda Hernández--in the light blue dress
next to me--is their R.S. president.
This photo shows the R.S. counselor
--Rina Medina--who stepped out
to have me be in the photo.
She is the tallest one in pink on 
the second row.
Children are adorable any where in the world,
aren't they!
It's always beautiful to look out of
these chapels and see palm trees and
green everywhere. This chapel is
on the outskirts of the city, going
up toward the volcano mountain.
(I promise I waited till the meeting was over
before I took the photo.)
The many overhead fans created a
nice breeze that helped keep us
a little cool.
Many of the chapels here now
have air conditioning, but
not this one.
Walt is with Hermano y Hermana Hernández.
He is a temple sealer, and she is a temple worker.
Our stake president, Jaime López, is on the left.
I tried to get a photo of the chapel
as we had driven out of the front gate.
And I tried to get a photo of the
volcano, but buildings kept getting
in the way.  You can just see the top 
of it in the clouds through this fence.
And I tried to show how we were
driving down hill on the way back.
On the horizon you can see bits
of the city below.
Back at the temple grounds, I
got a photo with Pres. López and
his new stake executive secretary,
Alexander Najarro, who also
accompanied us.
And here are Daniel and Kelly
with us at our Father's Day Dinner.
Herbert Castillo was called as the
Elder's Quorum president last week
and asked Daniel to teach the
lesson today.
He and Kelly wrote Grampa a very
touching letter for Father's Day.
We are enjoying having them here
in El Salvador with us.
The kitchen is "magic" when they
eat with us.  Everything is
cleaned and put away in the
blink of an eye! 
We had a fun surprise when we walked in
to our apartment after Church--
there was a beautiful bouquet of
flowers on the kitchen counter,
with this note:
So we walked down the hallway
to thank Elder Roberto  y Hna. Irma
Caballero.
They asked if we'd seen the
heart cake.
We had not.
So they told us to go look
in the fridge.
Walt was tickled at
"Pitersen" which is pronounced
"Petersen" in Spanish.
I will post later about our Anniversary--
which was Saturday, June 14,
which was also a wonderful day.
I LOVE MY ETERNAL SWEETHEART!

Regarding our wonderful fathers--
We are thankful for their lives,
their love for us, and all
the hard work they did
to provide for us.
Raymond O. Petersen
and my father
Arnold G. Albertson
Here they are with  us
at our wedding reception
in Gooding, Idaho,
June 17, 1961.
We had been sealed in
the Salt Lake Temple on
June 14, 1961
We pray you have had a peaceful 
and restful Father's Day on
this Sabbath Day.
OF ALL THE NAMES
ELOHIM HAS, HE HAS
MOST CHOSEN TO BE
CALLED
"FATHER."
We are thankful for OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN,
AND FOR HIS SON, JESUS CHRIST,
OUR REDEEMER 
AND
SAVIOR.
Sunday, June 15, 2014

No comments: