Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day 2 0 1 4


 My sweet mother joined them in heaven last July 26, 2013, and I remember her on this Memorial Day.
Verna Beth Huffaker Albertson
Mom, I will love you forever! Thank you for being an Elect Lady and wonderful example for me.  

This Memorial Day I also remember...
My Uncle David Huffaker
    A pilot in World War II.  He flew the Hump between India and China.  He is my Mom's older brother.
Son of Dave and Ella Huffaker. 
Brother to Morris, Verna, Lorraine, Don, and Eleanor.
He was born 3Apr1918, died 29Jul1997, age 79.
My Uncle Don Huffaker served in the Korea War.
He lives in Salt Lake City and is 85 years old.
I don't have a photo of him.

Also, I have a 2 or 3-great grandfather Albertson who served in the Civil War.  I have a photo of him in his Civil War uniform at our home in Burley.  

I am thankful for family members and all others who have served to keep our promised land of America free.


May she ever be the home of the brave and the land of the free.
Last May 27, 2013 I posted our parents and grandparents who are living in heaven, their photos and information.  
    

No comments: