Sunday, January 9, 2011

How did we meet?


For our Jubilee Year--photos from the past--above: August 1960 - day we became pinned after dating almost 4 weeks - but we had grown up in Wendell, Idaho together. When he was a senior at WHS, I was a 7th grader. He called me "Snicklefritz" when he worked on my grandfather's farm with the other h.s.boys during hay season...he about a sophomore, I in 5th grade. After his mission to Uruguay/Paraguay I had grown up! Summer of 1960 he was working with his carpenter dad between his 1st/2nd year at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis. I was home between semesters at BYU.
Then he went back to St. Louis in September and I went back to Provo. The fast Sunday of October he telephoned from St. Louis (that's when a long-distance call was mainly to inform family members that someone had died...or in other words, not for simple chit chat).
"Eileen, I want to marry you," Walt said.
"When?" was my response.
Hope to add a little each Sunday...

3 comments:

Julie said...

What a fun blog post. Did you get the church scheduled?

Brewer Bunch said...

I love it! I can't wait to read your weekly inserts - this will be so great to have on record!

Nat said...

what a great weekly blog idea. looking forward to the next!