Sunday, March 2, 2014

Family here - hurrah!
Jen & Jerry Brewer - our youngest daughter and her husband and six children arrived Friday, Feb. 28, for one week.
Hot apple pies welcomed them.
We had the early morning Saturday shift at the temple, so Jen & Jerry came and did the 5:30 a.m. session.  That afternoon while Walt had an appointment with his cardiologist, the Brewers hiked up the El Boquerón Volcano.  (They're going to send us the photos they took on the volcano.)
We had our traditional gathering supper of stew....but didn't get the scones made. Hopefully we'll have them another night with the left-over stew.
When we were ready to leave for Church this morning, I couldn't find my camera. Finally found it tonight in the pocket of the pants I had on yesterday.
   So Jerry sent me this photo from his iPad that we got after Church.
Here they are by the sign on the front lawn of the temple.
Ben, 9; Sarah, 11; Jen...30-something, Lizzy, 4; Seth, 11; Josh, 6; Jerry, also 30-something; Adam, 1.
Walt was in a Regional Correlation Council from 7:00 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.  Luckily, it was in our stake center on the temple grounds.
We had temple training of our workers from the Layco and Cuscutlán Stakes from 3:00-5:00.  When we got home, the Sunday dinner was ready and on the table.  I did get the rolls mixed before I left, and Jen and her family did all the rest.  "Magic house!"
   ....still hadn't found my camera, so no photos.

It's always nice to be with our youngest daughter, Jen, her great husband, Jerry, and their six children.
Today we studied about Abraham and the sacrifice he was asked to make. Someone said that the Lord knew that He would furnish a ram at the last minute, but Abraham needed to learn something about Abraham.  He was willing to be 100% obedient to the Lord.
This was symbolic of Heavenly Father giving his son as a sacrifice for all of us to be saved and able to be resurrected.  All resurrected, but only saved if we are obedient to all our covenants.

We are off to the Copán Honduras Ruins tomorrow, so we will
continue the adventures of the week in our next post.

We pray you have had a peaceful and restful Sabbath Day.
I did share my testimony today in Fast & Testimony Meeting.
"President Petersen and I are very happy to have our daughter, Jen, her husband Jerry Brewer, and their six children with us today.

We are thankful to each of you for your love and friendship to us during the 2 1/2 years we have been here, and hopefully we are here for 8 more months.

We thank you for your help in the temple. Our San Salvador El Salvador Temple is very special and very spiritual. Thank you for your worthiness to enter therein.

This Church is true.
Joseph Smith is a Prophet of God.
I love the Book of Mormon.
I am thankful for the Savior, Jesus Christ, and for His Atonement for each of us.
I am thankful for our Prophet, Thomas S. Monson.
I am thankful for and love my eternal sweetheart, who is my husband for eternity.
    In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen."
(This was all said in Spanish, and this is what I hope I said in my "second language.")
      Con amor, Walter y Eileen Petersen

   

No comments: