Sunday, December 8, 2013

December 8, 2013 - My Dad's Birthday Remembrance 101 years after his birth...

Today, December 8, is the birthday remembrance for my father: Arnold G. Albertson, born 8Dec1912, passed away 6Feb1982 at age 69, from colon cancer.
  Here he is in 1933 at age 21 in Hagerman, Idaho.  He started dating Verna Beth Huffaker 2 years later and they were married in 1937 when he was 24.
Here they are during World War II when he worked in the Naval Shipyards in Long Beach, California. (The army would not accept him because he had flat feet.) I guess I scanned this photo before I knew how to get the borders right.  This is in 1943, he was 31, my Mom was 23 and I was 4 1/2 years old.
I am thankful for my wonderful Dad - Arnold G. Albertson.
Below we are together in front of the first home he built on to and remodeled for my Mom - in Wendell, Idaho. I was home for a visit from business college in Salt Lake City - Autumn of 1957 - so it was just before I turned 19, my sister would have been 9, my Mom 37, and my Dad almost 45.
In 1912 when he was born: (You can just skip this if you don't love history as I do.)

Events

January

January 6: New Mexico
February 14: Arizona

February

  • February 14 – Arizona is admitted as the 48th U.S. state.
  • February 28 - Albert Berry makes the world's first parachute jump from an airplane

March


April 18: The Carpathia arrives in New York with the RMS Titanic survivors.

April

May

June

July

August

September

October

November

Undated

Ongoing

Births

No comments: