10 years ago I was:
1. Just back from 3 years serving with my mission president husband in the Mexico Merida Mission -- the Yucatan Peninsula. We "had" to go to Cancun once a month for 3 years! But actually Cancun was the best area for baptisms. The "resort part" of Cancun was off limits to our missionaries. It was an adventure every day with my husband.
2. Loving being back with our kids and grandkids, and seeing grandbabies born while we were gone.
3. Happy to have Brian marry Michelle.
4. Having to concentrate listening in Church because for three years I had not understood anything in Spanish during the 3-hour blocks -- and still won't.
5. Enjoyed being back in our hometown among friends and neighbors.
5 things on today's "to-do" list:
1. Work on the Burley West Stake 25-year history, to be done by October.
2. Scan some more photos into Grama A's life story to have some printed for her by Sept. 29--the remembrance of her 71st wedding anniversary.
3. Finish getting e-mails transferred to my new laptop to take to Argentina.
4. Take Putter outside throughout the day--10 week old puppy.
5. Discuss tomorrow's Gospel Doctrine lesson with Walt before going to Women's Conference.
5 snacks I enjoy
1. Homemade bread with real butter; homemade bread and milk.
2. Just-right bananas -- when the brown spots just start appearing.
3. Yogurt - preferably lemon or key lime.
4. Graham crackers crumbled into and softened in milk.
5. Smooth ice cream--no chewy, crunchy stuff on or in it.
5 things I would do if I were a millionaire:
1. After paying the 10% tithing...do #2-5 below.
2. See that my 88-year-old Mother had daily help in her home since she won't leave it to live with us or my sister or an assisted living.
3. Give our kids and grandkids an early inheritance.
4. Invest for future.
5. Take all our kids and grandkids to Disneyland together. They all worked so hard and saved so well for us to be there all together when we got home from the 2-year mission to Central America in February 2007.
5 Places I have lived
1. Wendell, Idaho
2. Salt Lake City and Provo, Utah for college, working.
3. St. Louis, Missouri (med sch); Minneapolis, Minnesota (internship)
4. Yucatan, Peninsula, and Guatemala for missions.
5. Burley, Idaho 40 years - raising kids to retirement years.
5 Jobs I have had
1. Driving tractor on Grampa Huffaker's farm; hoeing beans, beets; picking spuds.
2. Executive Secretary at First Security Bank in Salt Lake City.
3. Secretary for administrator of Idaho Tuberculosis Hospital in Gooding the summer I dated Walt.
4. Secretary for the hematologist at Jewish Hospital in St. Louis to help out hubby through medical school. Secretary for specialists in internal medicine in Minneapolis the year my husband earned 17 cents an hour as an intern at Minneapolis General Hospital.
5. Wife and Mother...eternal.
I tag... the ones who haven't been tagged, so if you don't have a blog yet, please start one to help us be in the loop during our 18 months in the South America South Area--Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay:
Rules: Each player answers the question themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blog and leaves them a comment letting them know that they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog.